From mastering the ten rings in Shang-Chi to working in a car rental shop in Kim’s Convenience, Simu Liu may potentially star in the upcoming Barbie movie.
First reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Simu Liu could potentially be joining:
- Margot Robbie, previously starring as Harley Quinn in the movie Birds of Prey
- Ryan Gosling, previously starring as Jared Vennett in the movie Big Short
Latest updates regarding upcoming Barbie movie:
- Margot Robbie will play as the character ‘Barbie’
- Ryan Gosling will play as the character ‘Ken’
- Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach as script writers of the movie
- Greta Gerwig as the movie’s director
- Movie producer Robbie Brenner, David Heyman and Tom Ackerley
- Movie to be produced via Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap banner
- Movie production would be set to start this year with a possible release date in 2023
With Simu Liu potentially joining the ‘Barbie’ cast, it would be added to his professional portfolio as an Asian-American actor, further paving the way for the future of upcoming Asian actors.
A fun fact about Simu Liu:
He works as a male model in various stock photo shoots, even featured in his dreaded accounting textbook.