Exceeding over 110,000 of employees, ByteDance continues to hire fresh college graduates at a rapid pace.
In 2019, the company has recruited 5,000 new staff followed by 6,000 in 2020, and hired 7,000 people in its most recent campus recruitment last March.
- Since its founding in 2012, ByteDance’s announcement of opening 8,000 job vacancies for graduating college students is the largest one yet.
- The recruitment is open for students who are set to graduate between September 2021 and August 2022.
- Over 20 cities across China have available jobs in R&D, product development, business operations, sales, design, marketing, technical support, and game creation.
- The positions in product development have significantly doubled since last year while more than half of these jobs are in R&D.
Why it Matters
- These recent recruitment efforts conducted by ByteDance has extensively added more people to work for the company making its staff size larger than Tencent.
- However, this rapid expansion of people has created concerns about the company’s future direction.
- ByteDance’s edtech arm, Dali Education, has fired thousands of employees earlier this month after some strict restraints on after-school tutoring industry implemented by the central government.
- Furthermore, ByteDance has been nurturing new streams of revenue other than business ads published in its popular apps Douyin and Toutiao.